Shadows of Life

"Welcome to my personal space. Please read, enjoy and don't forget to comment - Life is too short to wake up with regrets."

That SE cornet at Sunset Blvd

01:25 Posted by Shadows of life

Today, I was walking down the street on Sunset, while crossing street, I noticed one Indian guy with big SLR. I guess he was taking pictures of streets and some candid shots. I saw him, smiled with in me, and crossed the street. I was waiting on the other side to cross again, suddenly I heard a voice, very hard core Indian accent, asking me," excuse me, can you please tell me which one is South East corner of this street?' I smiled and showed the SE corner, diagonally from where we were at. he said 'thank you' and left.

OMG!!! what just happened? Suddenly, I noticed the talk between that guy and myself. DAMN!!! Did I just saw myself? wow!!! what a memory I have!!!

This memory is from more than 2/3 years old. I was pretty new in the US. That specific day, I went for my first interview with one of the biggest casting agency of Hollywood. HE dropped me off at this very corner and told me to take the bus and handed me many maps. I reached to my destination, gave interview which went well. The it was the time to go back home, on my own, in strange country called US the A. While coming back, I took same bus, reached to this corner - Sunset and Hollywood Blvd. I looked at the printed street map, then read the details of bus station, but I was confused like hell, so bad that I felt nausea. I called HIM many times to confirm if I was doing ok, but he had only one answer, READ THE F****NG MAP...I had no idea, how to read map or where to get the bus for home or even where that SE corner was...I did ask many people, some replied, some looked at me weirdly and some gave wrong answer...I finally figured out, that south east corner of Sunset, and my bus stop...ah!!!

Today, this guy gave me a smile, and my old memory...Purani yaadein!!!

2 Signature:

sandeep mishra said...

the SE corner will always keep you in the center of action!!! good post

Shadows of life said...

The funny thing is that I cross that corner every other day...I never missed thinking about my first day there, even if I go everyday!