Shadows of Life

"Welcome to my personal space. Please read, enjoy and don't forget to comment - Life is too short to wake up with regrets."

Rains, Memories and I

17:41 Posted by Shadows of life

It’s been raining on and off in Hollywood, and don’t I just love it? Oh yeah I do...I love rains and I can’t get over them so easily. I enjoy listening to the sounds of rain on top of my apartment roof, I can drive in crazy rains and I just love getting soaked. I am not getting much chance to get soaked, for obvious reason, its winter and I can’t afford to get sick :-(

The best part of rains is, its sound effects, the memories of Mumbai, and memories of HIM with me in rains. Mumbai, where rain stays for over 4 months. I enjoyed every rain there and I hardly prayed for the rains to stop or go away. Even after I lived through July 26 2005 floods, I still loved rains and Mumbai in rains. Well I have always liked rains, when I was in Chandigarh or in Delhi or in Calcutta or anywhere in India...but I confess that I hated rains in certain parts of Mumbai, where it get clogged, where water is all over you and others, and where streets are full of the mess which comes out from dirty road side nallis..And where a normal living is not possible, but people still live.

Ah!!! How much I can love Mumbai AKA Bombay during rains, even after those special rainy days, when I got soaked in rain while we both traveled in bus because it was almost impossible to take the car out, and when meetings were equally important, when I got soaked and so did my dell laptop...when I walked almost 10 miles without shoes as my one shoe got lost in rain while motorcycle stopped working....It was fun in its own style, though I am not sure if I would love to visit Mumbai, when it’s raining there, at least not until I move back there, for good.

In comparison to Mumbai, I enjoy driving in rains in the US, simply because it is easy, but I know how hard it was in Mumbai to even step out of the car, especially when it rained to its full volume...I just can’t forget that night when HE came over to my place to finish some office work for the meeting next day, we weren’t married then, and were just casually dating; he drove his motor cycle that night, and it started raining right after he left his place, and obviously got soaked. When he reached to my place, he was soaked so much that I couldn't even let him come inside because he was dripping water all over. I gave him towel to dry himself and in few minutes he was able to enter in, and made a comment,” its raining cold water” I laughed out loud, cos I never felt warm water rains. That night I made him wear my shorts, which clearly didn't fit him but he was at least wearing something on his body...Oh!! Memories….In India we don't have dryers like the kind of we use in the US, so it was really hard to dry his cloths. We finished the work but rains weren’t finished, it was still pouring cats and dogs, and I insisted that he stay overnight, which he happily agreed to...and then the life was something different...over night!!!

Do I need to say I...miss...India…dot…Blog…spot…dot….com

LOL

0 Signature: