Shadows of Life

"Welcome to my personal space. Please read, enjoy and don't forget to comment - Life is too short to wake up with regrets."

I am proud of my young adults!!!

18:25 Posted by Shadows of life

I feel proud today. I was over whelmed to see them doing what they are supposed to do...and what I want them to do. The best part is they WANT to do it.

Most of these people came to the US, illegally, and with big dreams and hopes of making money. They did make money, not a lot, but enough to feed their stomachs and enough to send to their families back home. As they were either illegal or illiterate, they had very less options to work. The money they sent was good amount, according to Indian standards. This money they earned while working in different kind of stores, doing all kind of crappy jobs, cleaning and deliveries, and lived in really rough living situations. They lived without their families, away from parents, wife, kids and friends, working towards one cause: making the life of their families back home. They were able to do that, but then they forgot that their own life is suffering. Now when the families are living relax and steady life, they are all alone, some are still illegal and some suffering from economical situations.

They hang out at temple and Gurudwara, waiting for their kids and wives to call from back home. They hope for better future, but have no idea where to start. I met these people, when I was going through loneliness and when I needed someone to speak with, in my language, without judging me. They gave me smiles, hopes and strength. I started talking to them and soon I found myself visiting temple, Gurudwara everyday. I ate with them, talked to them, tried to solve their little problems. I tried to make few phone calls for them and saw just praise for myself. I am happy they didn’t judge me on behalf of my status of divorcee, and on behalf of being a female.

Sometime back when I started talking to them about the importance of education; few of them opposed me and few agreed with me. I remember one day, one of the guy, called me and asked if I can speak to him when I go to Gurudwara next. Same evening when I talked to him at Gurudwara, he expressed his wish to start school and need help to kick start a better future.

I called several places, did a little bit of google research and set up an appointment for them to take an assessment test. They did this with their own choice, and with full heart in to this thought. Today they enrolled in to a class. They will be starting classes within few days at the age of 45+ I am feeling proud of them, and happy for myself to be able to help. I am glad they realized the need to progress in life and stood up for them, and I am glad they took a step for it.

These "Young Adults" AKA "Adult Kids" never went to school, when they were getting raised in India; I have no idea what the reasons were, but the best part is they are doing it now. I wish them good luck and hope they get better jobs, more confidence and better living standards in life and/or a green card or citizenship so they can see their families.

AMEN!!!

2 Signature:

Shadows of life said...

Thank you hun...Hoping for the best for them and all :))