Shadows of Life

"Welcome to my personal space. Please read, enjoy and don't forget to comment - Life is too short to wake up with regrets."

The Unwanted Girl Child

17:23 Posted by Shadows of life

Please visit This Blog for more reading about unwanted girl child in India.

I want to ask you one thing, Why do we as woman treat other woman as if they are cheap, bad or unwanted? As mother-in-laws or sisters or daughters or generally as woman with a woman.....why do we do it?

I remember my friend's mother used to behave with her own daughter as if she was a bad Oman for family or she was not human or something like that, and it was her own real Mother...it makes me think as if she was the unwanted girl child...She was taken out of school in 7th grade, and she used to help her mother in house and by the time we reached 9th grade, she was married and this is in Chandigarh, a big educated city. We few friends went to visit her new place where she moved after one year of her married life, and what I
saw was scary, it was our first friend who got married. I was scared of life after marriage.....it was a dirty one room with no kitchen, she was cooking in the corner of that room, on stove(the old style stove, not gas stove) while she was serving her husband and taking care of her few month old baby...her husband was yelling at her and he was behaving as if we don't exist in that room...I felt so bad. The worse was when she started yelling at her own little daughter for taking birth.....she thought the problem was her daughter.....OH!!!!!!!!!!

I felt ashamed of being a girl...I was just 14 years old and I wanted to live for my life, not for husband.
We were her bad friend cos we never went to visit her again....I have no clue where she is at this point, and what is her life now.

Jyoti, I wish you are fine, safe, happy and healthy.

Vim

4 Signature:

Zorba said...

may god give us Indians the sense to see the truth beyond gender.


and hey thanks for writing on the blog. i hardly check it though.



thanks mate

sandeep mishra said...

its high time now that we understand befor eman women we all are humans .please start recating like one, not like animals.

womens day is celebrated across the world keeping eyes shut on the core problem faced by womens in india.


kehte hain aurat hi aurat ki sabse badi dushman hai.

Fearless said...

Maybe your friend was more upset at the fact that her daughter would have the go through the same hardships that she was enduring. A mother in that situation regrets what has happened to her and doesn't wish it upon anyone, but who else can she take her frustrations out on? Jyoti's mom probably went through the same things too.

Shadows of life said...

Thanks for a different point of view. Its a irony.


V