Shadows of Life

"Welcome to my personal space. Please read, enjoy and don't forget to comment - Life is too short to wake up with regrets."

Net & Me...or should I say Net & We...

17:47 Posted by Shadows of life

its so funny...I didn't even realized why was I becoming a internet freak....well, its been long now I moved to US and when I first moved I have no friends here and obviously no family but a husband...I needed to share my feelings, life and Moments of new world with someone, so I started chatting online with friends, some I already knew, some I revised from old life, and some I came in my life when I started giving myself to chat and blogs.

I slowly slowly got hooked to net fully without any realization...and then obviously boredom at home and relationships always get to the head and you need to take it out of your mind and body so same way I shared few things, then few more with online friends and some friends from past. I thought its all because I don't have a job & friends, but through the net itself I got the temp job...and few friends, I started noticing that life is so hectic and busy here, that you hardly get few hours for yourself and while relaxing you surely don't want to meet someone, but you can pretend to meet people and friends online, even if they live right next door.

So I signed up for few different sites to contact more friends and more people, to network and to vent....like myspace, meetup, criagslist &casting call pro etc and then I kept finding and looking for jobs, friends and better things for life for cheap prices through these sites or craigslist kinds sites.

I finally got the job and start going to work regularly...and I was still hooked up to net, reason....I was seeing people at work, tons and tons of people around me, next to me and all over the Los Angeles....when I used to go home, it was always a negativity and then I used to go in one corner and sit with my laptop and start chatting and doing one or the another things online...I never went to stupid sites like dating or singles kind of as I never wanted any one in my life at that point...but whatever and however....I found a way to live, I started calling myself net addict...then I lost my phone and bought a blackberry...another net machine in the palm of my hand....it took me off the normal life completely....I really became net addict but only for friends....and only for my old life and a dream to live better life...may be just in dreams though.


Things never changed as we were escaping sadness and madness and never actually sat down and worked the problems from root level....and then the time came...when I moved to new place, I had no net for a week and half...I watched tv and read few articles on my blackberry..but I was missing something, INTERNET...I had to turn it on...so I did...am back to net now....I can again chat, ryze, find and read and write...and live away from real world...

And now I know why? I am all alone at home, at work and in life....I have a so called family but we don't talk more than we need to, I work around people but we don't talk cos we have our own life and work to finish...and I travel in bus and train and we don't talk to anyone, cos we don't know anyone...and internet life is so simple...click of a mouse and here goes my life in to a new world...with out moving a bit......


V

1 Signature:

Sunriser. said...

Sounds so much similar to what I've felt ... just that now Ive made it a point to interact with friends offline.