Shadows of Life

"Welcome to my personal space. Please read, enjoy and don't forget to comment - Life is too short to wake up with regrets."

Blunt Shots

00:16 Posted by Shadows of life

What a day, what a day, what a day I had!!!

Well, I woke up a bit late, cursing myself for sleeping for more than 6 hours, then took long time to get ready. By the time I was out of the house, it was already 1.15, and I was planning to take few pics before I reach to my work at 3.00 P.M. I thought that going to any place like park, probably wont be fun, so I planned to go to walk of fame at Highland and Hollywood, for some blunt shots of tourists. So, there I was at Hollywood street, parked at Renaissance hotel and reached at Chinese theater at 1.30 P.M.

There were tons of people. They were taking pictures, of theater, street, hand and foot marks and star signs etc etc. That street is always full of people. When I first moved to LA, I used to love going to walk of fame, cos it reminds me of my days of India, crowded, noisy and fun time. I started shooting with black and white shots of people taking pictures and then random stuff. Suddenly I realized, it would be nice to take pictures of those people who make living out of this street, who dress up everyday and who love acting and who are not cliche.

I started taking pics of few characters, but it wasn't much of fun until, I saw a guy dressed like gypsy. I went in a corner and started taking his cool shots. Day was a bit cloudy and sun wasn't out much, so it was kind of struggle to take pictures, but I managed. He noticed me taking his pictures and told me that I am supposed to pay him, I said, " I will pay you, if you will cooperate with me" He agreed and then I took full role of black and white pics of a gypsy, making faces, doing his acts, talking to people and much more. It was fun. I gave him $20.00 and he was so happy to get money. He then talked to me in details about his career, which was surprising to me...but that in next post...

When I left parking lot, I was almost done with two roles of shooting in an hour. The hour cost me around 23.00 bucks, but I got the satisfaction of 23 thousand. I cant wait to develop these roles now, which I can do only on Monday.

I couldn't stop thinking about myself being free and how much I love to be free...free once again, free for self, free to grow, free to live, free to decide, free....just free. Free from answering someone, and free for not feeling guilty of what I am. I loved the day, enjoyed it thoroughly....Thank you for givig me this day my lord.

VJ

2 Signature:

sandeep mishra said...

hmmmm so when r u sharing those pictures with me.

Shadows of life said...

I am almost ready with pics....will share soon.