Shadows of Life

"Welcome to my personal space. Please read, enjoy and don't forget to comment - Life is too short to wake up with regrets."

We CAN Save Maya, Chuyyiya & Many More...

10:50 Posted by Shadows of life

I saw a movie last night, Maya, Directed by Digvijay Singh. This movie is based on Sexual abuse to young girls on behalf of tradition & rituals. In the movie it shows that priests, so called holy priests, have sex with the 12 year old girl when she gets her fist menstrual periods. You must be thinking, Is It True? YES IT IS...and thats what has haunted me and I am bothered. As a Human and a girl from India it bothered me, cos rape and molestation is not a right way of living and on top of it when it happens to a 10-12 years old girl, that too on behalf of making her pure after her first menstrual periods starts, it is a abuse, it is a crime and it should stop...I want help from all friends from allover, who can help, who want it to stop.

About this tradition: Later I goggled about this Tradition, Director and the Movie...and found that this tradition does exist in some rural part of South India and its still there, may be not openly but its there...WHY...Why does it exist and Who made this tradition? I cant understand how & why someone would do so? How can the person, who believes in God can do this? Doesn't it haunt their conscience and souls? Doesn't it bother them, their lives, their faith and hearts?


As a film maker. I felt irritated, as Director could have made it a better movie and this could have been helpful to those young girls, but I felt as if he just wanted to make a controversial movie and win some awards and/or money...As a Director he hasn't put his own SAYING in it more than telling a story. Director should have his own point of view, otherwise why everyone who has a good story don't become a director?

I related this movie directly to 'Water'...that movie also made me feel uncomfortable. But Director's vision made it easy to understand it and that tradition is commonly spread in all over India too.

My question to you all of you is How can we let it happen, when are WE going to stop it? if you all believe in stopping it, lets all step further and do something about it, more than signing a petition, more than just telling everyone. Let us all get together and do something about it. If you have any point towards it, please discuss and put your name and contact info, we all Can make change.


VJ

3 Signature:

Anonymous said...

Hey; Not sure where in south India this is happening but it sure is depressing.Being from the south I can only relate to girls there especially if you are from superstitious families.They need education and strict laws against such crazy acts.

Aarti said...

hey Lady

yep,i saw Water and couple of other movies where small kids are put thru torture so some moronic adults can get pleasure.. and am with u in trying to save them all...

nice to see u on my blog~~:)

Shadows of life said...

Thank you Aarti....I am doing research toward this subject...will keep you posted. thanks Again.


V