Shadows of Life

"Welcome to my personal space. Please read, enjoy and don't forget to comment - Life is too short to wake up with regrets."

Adoption - more to add

12:31 Posted by Shadows of life

I read India West Newspaper today while traveling to work. it had a news about McCain Mailer, who is running for American president. Well, nothing new for that, as he is already a name in politics and a big Republican in US. What bothered me was he had sent mailer to people of Arizona for his campaign...and he used a picture of his wife with adopted daughter, the girl they adopted at Bangladesh from Mother Teresa's orphanage. He used picture of his wife with baby girl in front of Orphanage, to show the world how much he is there for OUR kind of people in this world...Well I may am wrong, but after reading something in news paper I believe in it, as news papers are my eye towards world. Now after doing a little bit of research on Google, I found it was a mailer sent by his wife Cindy, a week before he announced his campaign for awareness of abortions, pregnancy and related stuff. I don't know if he has used this adoption for his campaign or he had no intentions behind it, but it bothered me. I am form India and I see many people adopting kids from South Asia & sometimes kids get the best of life and sometimes these kids are used as either slaves or helper in the house. It makes me feel weird about adoptions.

I always wanted to adopt 2 or 3 babies so that I can have kids also and I can also help in my way to decrease the population, but these kind of incidents, including many more, makes me sad...

I wish I could give home to many more.....so they don't have to go in wrong hands.

0 Signature: