Shadows of Life

"Welcome to my personal space. Please read, enjoy and don't forget to comment - Life is too short to wake up with regrets."

A morning.....

11:29 Posted by Shadows of life

Its December....14, 2007. A morning of my life here....


Aaj mann udaas hai....A Punjabi taxi driver's family lives in my building. A very nice guy, wonderful kid and wife, she has moved here 2 and half years back...that time her kid was 5 months old and now almost 3...she wanted to go to India for Diwali cos her Mother In Law was insisting but after seeing the prices of flights she refused and didn't planned anything. lately she always was talking about going to India, She is been eager to go back as she is from a conservative Punjabi village and have never lived out of Punjab before and for her, life in US is different & difficult. She always use to dream of going back once, happily, taking gifts for her family. she use to talk always that may be if I go back once, it will help me understanding my life and its importance here...cos I will do things I never had the chance to do before, may be I will feel better. Ya may be going back happily, showing her family new live she has gained and the new style she observed in US....and all that.......she had one dream, just to go back once, happily and relax.....

Today Morning, she called me saying she is going to India I was exited and happy for her. I said wow!!! when? She started crying.....I didn't knew what has happened...then she gained her consciousness and told me her Mother in Law passed away last night and they are leaving for India in 10 minutes....in emergency....









I also want to go to India....but am scared...am scared to go to India in emergencies...in sadness, in mood which makes me hate living away from family, from my that life.


I am sad today...aaj kafi udaas hai mann.




yun hi mann hua share karne ko.......

1 Signature:

Sunriser. said...

V ,

There is one word that you should make an effort to get rid from your vocabulary ... no such word exists if you choose so. The D word . I did.

I am scared even to mention it . If you believe in the word ...it exists ...if you don't it doesn't.

Get rid of it.

It's but normal to take time to get used to environs (pardes) a few yrs even ...accept it as normal.