Shadows of Life

"Welcome to my personal space. Please read, enjoy and don't forget to comment - Life is too short to wake up with regrets."

Mumbai Attacks - After Effects!

23:29 Posted by Shadows of life

I started writing this article few days back, but I didn’t get the chance to finish it so today Dec 14, 2008 I am finally finishing it while I’m still confused and I am still searching for answers.

I don’t know what had actually happened. I seriously have no idea. You can call it, ignorance or laziness or whatever suits your mood, but I know only that limited part of it, what I heard on ABC and read in few online newspapers. I do know that whatever has happened, that has happened for the worse and hopefully for the last time. I think Mumbai have had enough. It’s beyond its share and it’s beyond the power of acceptance at this point. A simple Mumbaikar, a normal innocent person, who is trying his best to make the ends meet, who is struggling every day, so he can feed his family and his own stomach, that common man have had enough. Being the old Mumbaikar, I am sure, we were getting used to the bomb blasts, to the flooded streets and to those riots, which were the results of political crap based on behalf of being Marathi or non-Marathi. After living for few years in Mumbai aka Bombay, one of my favorite cities in the world, I have had enough for Mumbai. At this point, this is beyond everything; this is beyond being human and religion. It has not just killing humans, but the destroying the love in the hearts and emotions of common man, living in the Mumbai or anywhere in the world.

Back to Mumbai attacks; some people, known as terrorists, took over two five star hotels, and started gun shots after the late hours in the evening of Wednesday, Nov 26, 2008 and kept the killing route going for 60+ hours. According to news, their major objective was to kill the foreigners living in India, but I think their basic aim was to destroy the peace of a healthy city. After killing more than 200 people and 100s injured, they did what they planned for. I know they did it, I am sure many of us are trying to ignore the real fact; because either we are scared or we believe in thinking positive, all the time; and the fact is, they have destroyed our peace. They have hit hard on our patience and our serenity. I wish I could accept either one side or another, but I can’t, I just can’t accept it as I still have the feelings and I still can think for myself and others.

I received 100s of emails, text messages and face book messages, etc, asking for signing the papers, which carry words of hope, and petitions, seeking peace, asking help to bring the life back to Mumbai. My question is simple; how will we bring peace if those people, who we call terrorists, are not stopping their actions? How will we stop brain wash happening to youth? I know it does sounds like a pessimistic approach, but then I see nothing coming from those who are sitting on high seats, who have the power to manage, to give, or break and to add issues with happiness, in the life of common man of India. My last hope is from common man; my hope is for common man. This is the way I can see, this is the choice we are left with, when we can try our best to bring the change; by working and keeping the faith towards the best.

Hopefully, life will come back to Mumbai followed by the life in the world, away from nasty acts and far away from terrorism. Please my friends, my enemies, help each other and help each youth to understand what is right for world, so that tomorrow's generation can understand, what is right for one individual, who live in the group setting of this world.


VJ

2 Signature:

Anonymous said...

Lifes going on back on track. This has been thou one of the worst years for Mumbai . The politics killed hundreds and so did the terrorists. Yet the politicians get Z security . So both are of the same level. The worst part is the politicians cum desi terrorists are the people chosen by us.PS: The so called Mumbai Spirit is all BULLSHIT. People need to earn their bread and butter and thats the reason they venture out to their offices which is misinterpreted as SPIRIT.

OMG am i writing a blog inside a blog...oops

Shadows of life said...

Thanks for reading. I know our politicians sucks big time...wish they could work towards good rather than messing life up.

VJ