Shadows of Life

"Welcome to my personal space. Please read, enjoy and don't forget to comment - Life is too short to wake up with regrets."

Yosemite - Weekend spent well..

20:57 Posted by Shadows of life

I went to Yosemite with few friends on July 4th weekend. It was my first holiday with friends in almost 7 years...All these years I was going for holiday with HIM..but as he is not in life, I finally planned to take a vacation and arranged everything...We left on July 3rd 2008 at around 7.30. Arun, one of team mate was driving and he really scared the hell out of all...He was driving fast and a bit rough...anyways we reached Yosemite inn safely and met with Samir and Smita, who joined us from Fremont...we were kept chatting until it was 3 AM. Meha yelled at all of us to go to sleep so we can actually go to Yosemite national park next day instead of sleeping in our rooms.

Next day we woke up and got ready and left for national Park...OMG!!!! the moment we went half a mile away from hotel, it was all beautiful rocks and lovely skoa trees...we could not take out eyes off and camera shutters were kept clicking one after another. We didn't stop on the way even after we wanted to cos we planned to reach the destination was more beautiful plan for us. We reached to the national park inside at around 2.30 and took a shuttle and went to visitor center. Took all the info and bought some sandwiches and beer and went hiking for Yosemite waterfall...we stopped far from waterfall thinking this is the real view and went crazy with pictures and poses. Anyhow we finished some sandwiched and few beers and started the hike again...we were kept walking and suddenly I noticed the place which is THE REAL WATERFALL...we couldnt take our eyes off that beautiful place and serene calm water flowing through the mountains. I took my shoes off and threw away my backpack and just jumped into the water and while crossing all rocks I managed to climb half the way when I looked back and saw Samir was in the water...yes he fell down..oh well, poor chap lost his cell, camera and few bucks in the water. He found the camera and cell but both were not working...:(((
I was pretty far at this point, I easily could have gone down, but the beauty of waterfall pulled me and I kept climbing up...I stopped after reaching write next to the fall, water was soaking me and I was lying on the big rock..this was the time when I felt really really serene...calm and peaceful. I thought even if I wont go to any other sight of national park, I will be fine with it cos its worth the money and fun to be here right now.
At water fall I noticed one funny thing, weird too I guess...all those people who reached at the top were mostly Indians, mostly means around 80%. It was funny for me but another truth was they were mostly Gujjus...ha ha
Oh well, This was the first step...we got to experience much more than this beautiful fall....
To be continued..

1 Signature:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a real fun trip. Cheers!