Shadows of Life

"Welcome to my personal space. Please read, enjoy and don't forget to comment - Life is too short to wake up with regrets."

बारीश और मैं

15:04 Posted by Shadows of life

I got down at the train station on a beautiful Friday evening and I started walking home. Two minutes later it started raining. It felt good on my tired face. My body felt relaxed and suddenly I smelled that smell which takes me off my feet. It was the smell of earth after a first rain. I felt like getting fully wet and dancing in rain. I felt warm water coming down my face, past my eyes.



A year ago, when I left India I thought that I would never be able to smell my earth after first rains ever again. That changed when this smell of earth felt exact like my India. I stopped on the road, looked around. I observed the earth and buildings and roads but suddenly I felt as if there were no boundaries. I realized that all these boundaries and all these lines are only on paper, only on maps.


In real life, earth has no partitions, no boundaries, no lines in between. The blood in our veins are the same color. The color of earth is same as any other place. I started walking home and saw my neighbors getting wet in the rain and jumping all over. It was beautiful.




This is my earth, where nothing is mine but I own every part of it.




Vimmi
Friday September 21st, 2007

1 Signature:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.